The Ecotrust Building was originally constructed as a warehouse in 1895. 98% of the original materials were used in the repurposing of this incredibly green building. The building, which is also referred to as the Natural Capital Center, is the first restoration of a historic building to receive a LEED Gold rating. The materials, water, and lights are all ecosystem services that contribute to the life of the building and the people within it. The building serves as an incredible amenity to the Pearl District and hosts over 500 events per year.