About the Building
- 2nd & Taylor is a single-story building with a daylight basement and approximately 15,686 SF of gross rentable floor area (each floor comprising of approximately 10,000 SF floor plates).
- The main level boasts twelve-foot high ceilings, while the daylight basement features ten-and-a-half-foot high ceilings.
- Each floor provides exposed staircases, common area restrooms, natural light from skylights, and separate lobbies served by a freight lift on each floor.
- New storefronts will face both SE Taylor and SE 2nd along a dock-height platform that opens into the building’s new first-floor lobby.
- A second lobby located on the northwest corner of SE Taylor will serve the basement level.
- The property fronts SE Taylor roughly two blocks southeast of the SE Water Ave off-ramp from I-84. SE Taylor provides great North/South access along NE MLK Blvd and Grand Ave main arterials, located three blocks east of the building.
- The location has a walkability rating of 79 (Very Walkable), a transit score of 86 (Excellent Transit), and rating of 100 for biking (Biker’s Paradise).
- New common area lobbies on both 2nd Ave. and Taylor St. each with wireless call systems
- New mechanical building systems: LEED Standard HVAC, electrical, and plumbing
- Seismic upgrade and a fire/life safety system to current code
- New roof featuring green standard insulation and sky lights
- Refinished fir flooring on main level and sealed concrete in basement
- Sandblasted exposed “old growth” columns/beams with grain finish
- Exposed brick and concrete walls
- New storefronts with operable wood windows with energy efficient standards
- Freight lift plus three central staircases with ADA access
- Secured bike room and mail room
- Common area restrooms