Urban Works Real Estate is thrilled to lease the 6,000+ square feet of retail space at the revitalized 1320 Broadway building. The former Oregonian building is being transformed into the largest single block of Class A creative space in downtown Portland. Located across SW Broadway from the Leed Gold Ladd Apartments, Raven & Rose Restaurant, and Higgins Restaurant & Bar, this area of Broadway is sure to become the next hot spot in downtown Portland.
Designed by legendary Portland architect Pietro Belluschi, the building was home to The Oregonian newspaper from 1948 until last year. The new owners hired world-renowned Allied Works Architecture to design a modern creative workplace that pays homage to the building’s original architecture. The renovation will unlock the beauty of the original lobby off SW Broadway and create a number of opportunities for Retail and Restaurant Tenants. The multi-million dollar renovation broke ground this week and is scheduled to wrap up in early 2016.
Here’s a sneak peek at some of the building updates and amenities:
- 170,000 square feet of high-ceiling, open creative space
- Towering 28-foot-high lobby with original 20-foot clerestory windowsfronting Broadway
- Dedicated east-facing outdoor terraces available to 4th and 6th floor tenants
- Common area west-facing outdoor terrace on 5th floor
- Ride-in, ride-out parking for 200 bicycles, private showers, lockers and towel service
- Award-winning local restaurants, coffee shops and food carts within walking distance
- Excellent access to mass transit and freeways
- Secure underground parking (1:2,000 ratio), plus abundant neighborhood parking options
- Exterior signage and building naming/branding rights
Rob Moneyhan and Brian Greeley will lead the Urban Works retail leasing team. Urban Renaissance Group is developing the property through a partnership with Clarion Partners.
Check out the Portland Business Journal‘s story on this exciting project